I had a few requests for a tutorial on this style of bow. Since I can't do korker bows right now I have found a new hair bow that I am enjoying. I call it my Gardenia bows. To me it looks like some Gardenia flowers I have seen. What is ironic is that I am allergic to Gardenias. I can still appreciate their beauty.
|Favorite Gardenia Flower Bow, so far.|
|1st Attempt of a Gardenia flower hairbow.|
- Ribbon (You can use almost any size)
- For the 2 outer bottom layers I used 5/8" ribbon.
- For the 2 top inner layers I used 3/8" ribbon.
- Circle for the center anchor piece (felt, foam, use your imagination)
- A peace symbol foamie from a bag I got on clearance at Michaels.
- Flame/Heat source to seal the end of the ribbons you cut (I use a lighter.)
- Glue (Using a hot glue gun works best for me.)
- Embelishment of choice for the center (A crystal like gem looks nice.)
- Preferred type of hair accessory to attach the bow. (I use a ribbon covered single prong metal hair clip.)
|Cutting 4 inch length of 5/8" ribbon|
Step 3. Take your first 4 inch ribbon, put a dab of glue on the top bottom piece of the ribbon, create a loop and glue just the bottom ends together. The loop is like those remembrance ribbons, just don't leave any tail. Maybe if I say it is half of an infinity symbol? Not quite sure how to explain it. I hope the pictures help.
|The loop to glue. Looks like a cone with shorter ribbon.|
|1st cross pattern of 1st layer of ribbons.|
|Finish 1st bottom layer of bow filling in the gaps.|
|Upside down, bottom view of the bow with loops attached to foam circle.|
You can experiment with lengths and widths of the ribbon. With this purple/yellow Gardenia flower bow below, both layers are the same size length, 4". The purple ribbon is 7/8" ribbon.
|7/8" purple ribbon 4" long, 5/8" yellow ribbon 4" long.|
|Purple Gardenia Flower Hair Bow.|
|Least favorite Gardenia flower craft bow.|
|Almost looks like a crown for a princess!|
|Handcrafted Blue Gardenia Flower Hair Bow.|
I am linking up to these craft parties!